Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sundar Chakravarthy <sc...@doas.ga.gov> on 2002/10/07 15:47:33 UTC

Mod_JK & Mod_SSL

Hello,

It is my understanding that mod_jk and
mod_ssl are pretty much independent.

I have 1.3x Apache working with 4.0x Tomcat
using mod_jk 1.1 on Windows 2000.

I need to add mod_ssl to Apache to support
secure connections . The final configuration
would have both http and https enabled for
my MVC app.

My research came up with the following link
addressing mod_ssl install on Windows.

http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

Here are my questions before I embark on this venture,

1. Do I have to re-install apache 1.3x ?

2. Is there a sample configuration file for apache
   that I can make use of that would explain
   virtual host settings for both ports 443 and 80 ?

3. Will my mod_jk continue to work without any modifications
   to mod_kk configuration files ?

4. http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/doc/tomcat-ssl-howto.html

   talks about passing SSL variables to mod_jk. Why would I ever need to do
   that ? Isnt mod_jk independent of mod_ssl ?

Thanks
Sundar