Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu> on 2002/02/06 15:53:06 UTC

[JBoss244-Tomcat401] compatibility issue

Hi,

I've been upgrading to JBoss244 (with Catalina). Things are fine so far,
except for this:

we have a lot of "request.getRequestDispatcher("symbolicID").forward(reques,
response)" in our application. "SymbolicID" is a name of a screen or a
request processor (the very same as those in Sun's PetStore). It worked okay
on JB241-TC3.2 but now I get a nice Tomcat error page, saying that the
requested resource was not available.

I experienced something similar when playing around with Jetty, but
prepending a "/" before the resource name helped there. I tried that too
with TC401, in vain.

Thanks in advance,
János

RE: [JBoss244-Tomcat401] compatibility issue

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
Well, it seems I've sent my question too early on the list, sorry for that!
The solution is to include request.getServletPath() in the resource name.
So now I issue:

request.getRequestDispatcher(request.getServletPath()+"/"+dynamicResourceID)

Cheers, János

--
Jarecsni, János
MORGAN HILL CONSULTING, Internet Applications Unit

|I've been upgrading to JBoss244 (with Catalina). Things are fine so far,
|except for this:
|
|we have a lot of
|"request.getRequestDispatcher("symbolicID").forward(reques,
|response)" in our application. "SymbolicID" is a name of a screen or a
|request processor (the very same as those in Sun's PetStore). It
|worked okay
|on JB241-TC3.2 but now I get a nice Tomcat error page, saying that the
|requested resource was not available.
|
|I experienced something similar when playing around with Jetty, but
|prepending a "/" before the resource name helped there. I tried that too
|with TC401, in vain.
|
|Thanks in advance,
|János

|--