Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com> on 2007/03/12 18:17:16 UTC

PMD plugin remaining issues...

As you probably saw on the commit list, I did a bunch of commits for PMD
over the weekend.   At this point, there is only one remaining issue open
for 2.2. (MPMD-41)   To fix that completely, I need part of the objectweb
m2 repository synced to central. (asm/**/*)    I've included the
current "release notes" below.

The three remaining open issues are:

[MPMD-22] - dependencies in reporting section.  Will  be fixed when
MNG-2173 is fixed.   Workaround does exist.

[MPMD-39] - target jdk version from compiler.  Probably best to delay till
we have a shared context.   Anything we do now would be a hack.

[MPMD-17] - report summary at top of html.   This is a "minor" improvement
request.   However, it would involve a complete re-write of how the html
report is created.  Thus, I'd like to push this off for now.

Thus, once the repository is synced, I'd like to release this.    It's been
over 8 months since the last release so I'd like to get this out there.
Are there any objections or concerns?   Does everyone agree with not doing
the above three for this release?

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Pmd Plugin - Version 2.2

** Bug
    * [MPMD-30] - No way to PMD test the test sources in src/test/java
    * [MPMD-47] - pmd should support multiple source roots
    * [MPMD-50] - Reports are different depending on the order of files
retrieved from the filesystem
    * [MPMD-51] - Sometimes PMD.xml doesn't contain the class name and this
displays null in the verbose mode
    * [MPMD-52] - XRef lnks do not work with aggregated XRef

** Improvement
    * [MPMD-28] - Support for multi-projects poms
    * [MPMD-38] - Add Posibility to excludes files in Cpd
    * [MPMD-40] - deploy the pmd.xml with site:deploy
    * [MPMD-44] - Allow to specify the rulesets as described in the docs
    * [MPMD-46] - Add ability to choose priority for failure
    * [MPMD-53] - pmd mojos need a skip flag similar to surefire

** New Feature
    * [MPMD-43] - Add results output to pmd:check
    * [MPMD-49] - Add results output to cpd:check

** Task
    * [MPMD-41] - Upgrade to PMD 3.9

RE: PMD plugin remaining issues...

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
+1. I've been running a snapshot rev from around sept, an official
version would be handy.