Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/14 21:23:47 UTC

Drill Test Framework

Drillers,

The drill test framework [1] which some of you have been using contains a 2
level maven structure. This has always been a source of confusion for a
first time user. We would like to get rid of this and have a single pom
file to build the framework. This has a side effect of restructuring the
tests. The new repository will no longer contain a "framework" sub folder
and is more intuitive. Refer to [2] for the new structure. Let me know your
thoughts.

[1] https://github.com/mapr/drill-test-framework
[2] https://github.com/rchallapalli/drill-test-framework/tree/onelevel

- Rahul

Re: Drill Test Framework

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.
Jacques,

For most of us working on the test framework this is the most opportune
time to instrument such a structural change as we do not have any
uncommitted work and the impact on automation is minimal. When do you think
you can get the results from the git-lfs migration you are attempting?

I quickly put forward a branch with some of your structural suggestions (
https://github.com/rchallapalli/drill-test-framework/tree/jq) . Let me know
your thoughts.

Also what are your thoughts on moving the test framework into the drill
project itself (both framework and tests). If we wanted to treat the test
framework as a maven module within drill ( and test execution as an
optional maven target), then having the pom file in the root directory made
more sense to me.

Thanks for your other suggestions, I will add them to our task list and see
if we can prioritize them.

- Rahul

Re: Drill Test Framework

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.