Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID on 2022/09/28 17:36:11 UTC

OT: Question about TomcatX.exe files

Ok, this is a silly off-topic question, but is there an underlying reason that the wrapper exe files for Windows Tomcat do not reflect the same file version as the implementation version found in the manifest of the bootstrap.jar? That version info matching the release version of the Tomcat release? I understand if these wrappers aren't recompiled each release, but if they are, why not make the versions reflect the Tomcat release?

This seems to throw a loop at 3rd party software discovery tools such as BigFix, ServiceNow, etc., as well as normalizations performed by vendors like Flexera.

Just curious.

Thank you for your time.

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Asst. Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com<ma...@wellsfargo.com>
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: OT: Question about TomcatX.exe files

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Thank you for the additional information André

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat/perl)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
See also : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Windows#Windows-Q11

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.