Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chris Turrentine <ch...@springbow.com> on 2001/04/06 23:02:41 UTC

Oracle Database Adapter

Does anyone have an example of a Database Adapter for Oracle?  I am trying
to implement a new portal with Oracle as the backend.

Please include an example of where to place the class and how to modify the
TurbineResources.properties file.

Chris Turrentine
Director of Technology

Springbow Solutions
Office: (972) 915-9855
Cell:   (972) 333-5816
www.springbow.com

Re: Oracle Database Adapter

Posted by carlos beltran <cb...@aitek.it>.

Chris Turrentine wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of a Database Adapter for Oracle?  I am trying
> to implement a new portal with Oracle as the backend.
>
> Please include an example of where to place the class and how to modify the
> TurbineResources.properties file.

I think it is already included with Jetspeed, you dont need to add it.
In the TR.p change the next properties to work with oracle:

database.default.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:1521:<sid>
database.default.username= <your-oracle-user>
database.default.password= <your-password>

Next, add your adapter, so turbine knows it, adding the next lines in the TR.p:

database.adaptor=DBOracle
database.adaptor.DBOracle=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Note: you dont need to remove the HypersonicAdaptor.

I think this is enough to make jetspeed to work with Oracle. I have a portal working
with oracle with this configuration.
Hope this helps.

Carlos.