Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/22 23:41:49 UTC

[OT] Searchable list archive

Hi all,

Apologies for this "list help" question going to the list itself.  I
have also left a message for the list owner.

Given the valuable information in the list archive, and the fact that
the Apache hosted archive at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listName=tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org
appears to not be searchable, is there any interest in building a
searchable list archive anywhere?  Or am I just not finding the
searchable one?

Or perhaps the search function could be enabled on the Apache archive
... any ideas where to ask if this can be enabled (other than via
tapestry-user-owner)?

Thanks
Brett Randall

Posted by PA <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 22, 2005, at 23:41, Brett Randall wrote:

> Or perhaps the search function could be enabled on the Apache archive
> ... any ideas where to ask if this can be enabled (other than via
> tapestry-user-owner)?

While [OT]... you might be interested in having your very own
"searchable list archive":

http://zoe.nu/

Mandatory screenshots:

http://zoe.nu/itstories/story.php?data=stories&num=23&sec=2

Then you could, er, "Google your emails":

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/10/07/udell.html

Cheers

--
PA
http://alt.textdrive.com/

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, thanks David, just what I was after.

Posted by James Treleaven <ja...@enoreo.on.ca>.
I didn't know gmane's web interface searching was not working properly -
but I am sure that you can use a newsreader, connect to gmane and
download the messages, and then use your newsreader to search them.

I think it is good to use gmane because to my mind it provides a general
solution to the searching/reading mailing lists problem, which I would
argue is better than trying to deal with each mailing list one by one.

James

Posted by Gabor Nagypal <na...@gmail.com>.