Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Randy Tidd <ra...@tidd.cc> on 2015/02/03 21:01:42 UTC

Re: "Unit" testing with OpenEJB / TomEE and JSF, need FacesContext

Romain,

Thanks again for the help. However one more follow-up question...

I am using EclipseLink.  As I'm sure you know (but for the benefit of other readers), EclipseLink needs either dynamic or static "weaving" of entity classes to be supported in order to provide lazy loading of some relationships.  We deploy to Glassfish which evidently supports dynamic weaving automatically and we rely on lazy loading for good performance.  I want to replicate this behavior as closely as possible in my unit tests, which use embedded TomEE.

How can I configure embedded TomEE / OpenEJB to provide dynamic weaving?  I tried adding the eclipselink jar as the javaagent in the unit test configuration and then adding these properties:

		props.put("eclipselink.weaving", "dynamic");
		props.put("eclipselink.weaving.lazy", "true");
		props.put("eclipselink.weaving.internal", "true");

		container = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(props);

When I run it I can see in the log messages that it is using weaving:

[EL Finest]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--property=eclipselink.weaving.changetracking; default value=true
[EL Finest]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--property=eclipselink.weaving.lazy; value=true
[EL Finest]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--property=eclipselink.weaving.eager; default value=false
[EL Finest]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--property=eclipselink.weaving.fetchgroups; default value=true
[EL Finest]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--property=eclipselink.weaving.internal; value=true

and

[EL Finer]: ServerSession(66487094)--Thread(Thread[main,5,main])--Class [com.xxx.RequestForClassPublic] registered to be processed by weaver.

But on the first query, I get this error:

SEVERE: EjbTransactionUtil.handleSystemException: com.xxx.AbstractModifiableEntity.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/persistence/internal/descriptors/PersistenceObject;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.xxx.AbstractModifiableEntity.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/persistence/internal/descriptors/PersistenceObject;)V
	at com.xxx.RequestForClassPublic.<init>(RequestForClassPublic.java)
	at com.xxx.RequestForClassPublic._persistence_new(RequestForClassPublic.java)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.descriptors.PersistenceObjectInstantiationPolicy.buildNewInstance(PersistenceObjectInstantiationPolicy.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.ClassDescriptor.selfValidationAfterInitialization(ClassDescriptor.java:3870)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.ClassDescriptor.validateAfterInitialization(ClassDescriptor.java:5688)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.descriptors.ClassDescriptor.postInitialize(ClassDescriptor.java:3547)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.initializeDescriptors(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:526)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.initializeDescriptors(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.initializeDescriptors(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:435)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.postConnectDatasource(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:676)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.DatabaseSessionImpl.login(DatabaseSessionImpl.java:634)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryDelegate.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryDelegate.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:279)
	at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.createEntityManager(ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.java:162)
	at org.apache.openejb.persistence.JtaEntityManagerRegistry.getEntityManager(JtaEntityManagerRegistry.java:119)
	at org.apache.openejb.persistence.JtaEntityManager.getEntityManager(JtaEntityManager.java:96)
	at org.apache.openejb.persistence.JtaEntityManager.proxyIfNoTx(JtaEntityManager.java:326)
	at org.apache.openejb.persistence.JtaEntityManager.createQuery(JtaEntityManager.java:280)

Our entity classes such as RequestForClassPublic inherit from an abstract superclass AbstractModifiableEntity. It seems that EclipseLink can't find the default constructor, which is there in both classes, and works when weaving is not enabled.

I realize that this might be more of an EclipseLink question than a TomEE question but I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Randy

On Jan 28, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Both would work.
>
> arquillian-tomee-remote or arquillian-tomee-embedded artifact are our
> arquillian integrations.
>
> Without you need some custome code glue, not sure it is the best to go
> while tomee 2 is not released.
> Le 29 janv. 2015 00:32, "Randy Tidd" <ra...@tidd.cc> a écrit :
>
>> Romain,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply this was helpful.  Switching from "openejb-core"
>> to "tomee-embedded" has fixed the problem of the missing javaee
>> implementations, I am now able to mock the FacesContext and other JSF
>> resources for the unit tests, and the glassfish-embeded package was not
>> needed.
>>
>> I wonder if I can ask a follow up question. I would like to inject my JSF
>> beans and EJB's into my unit test class, so they will all be managed by
>> TomEE.  Trying this:
>>
>> @ManagedBean
>> @ViewScoped
>> public abstract class FooBean ...

>> @Inject
>> FooBean fooBean;
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> Caused by: javax.enterprise.inject.UnsatisfiedResolutionException: Api
>> type [...FooBean] is not found with the qualifiers
>> Qualifiers: [@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
>>
>> I see toolkits like Arquillian which are intended to support this, I am
>> looking for information on if or how this works with TomEE or if TomEE can
>> handle this without Arquillian, again any info appreciated.
>>
>> Randy
>>
>> On Jan 28, 2015, at 10:24 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Several points (without any order)
>>> 1) javax:javaee-api:6.0 is broken don't use it for any run
>>> (org.apache.openejb:javaee-api + myfaces-api can replace it)

>>> http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
well

in embedded mode the javaagent on the JVM (and no other solution)
should be fine. That said I saw surprises on java 8 even with this and
sometimes you can just enhance at build time - was not on eclipselinks
so maybe this doesnt apply.

What can happen is you dont reuse javaagent classes cause eclipselink
is in a lower classloader, maybe try to force the classloader to skip
eclipselink classes when using the javaagent