Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sg...@gmx.net on 2001/04/03 22:00:26 UTC

tomcat without apache logging & security

  E-MAIL LESEN

  Von: sgoni@gmx.net

  An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

Hi
I installed Tomcat 3.2.1 (without Apache !) on my Linux machine and made two
java servlets that are querying my postgres db and display a web page with
the data. Both servlets run fine. However, being a beginner, I can't figure
out or find helpful documentation on the following two questions :

I would like to log all the queries to the database in logs/servlet.log. I
put the verbosityLevel to DEBUG which didn't seem to have an effect on the
logfile (it only logs the init calls). In server.xml, there are all these
ContextInterceptors that I suspect to be helpful (?), but I have no idea how
to use
or modify them. If you have some explanation or suggestions or know some
documentation "for dummies" I would be very grateful :-)

The other thing is the security. I would like to restrict the access to ONE
of the two servlets to a couple of IP addresses. Does Tomcat offer a
possibility for that ? I saw that by modifying the tomcat.policy file I can
do IP
filtering, but that concerns all the servlets !?

Thanks a lot for any help !!
Silvia

http://www.gmx.net