Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jaredtims <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/14 21:13:40 UTC

Re: unit testing with junit + spring + struts2, NullPointerException with HttpServletRequest

So will the Struts2 jUnit Plugin work with the Struts2 Convention Plugin?  I
keep getting errrors such as this:

2011-10-14 14:15:42,380 WARN
org.springframework.mock.web.MockServletContext.getResourcePaths:212 -
Couldn't get resource paths for class path resource [WEB-INF/content/]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [WEB-INF/content/] cannot
be resolved to URL because it does not exist

All our code uses the convention annotations, so I'd rather not have to
create xml action mappings just so i can run tests against my actions.
Anybody know any work arounds?

thanks

Re: unit testing with junit + spring + struts2, NullPointerException with HttpServletRequest

Posted by vbalrog <vb...@free.fr>.
Hello,
Did you manage to solve the problem:
"There is no Action mapped for namespace /myPackage and action name
myAction.
I have the same one, actions mapped with convention annotations are not
found when I try to test it with junit. I have actions mapped into
struts.xml and these ones work perfectly with junit. With the debugging mode
I found that not any of my actions mapped with annotations are found by the
xwork DefaultConfiguration and ConventionUnknownHandler classes.

Re: unit testing with junit + spring + struts2, NullPointerException with HttpServletRequest

Posted by jaredtims <ja...@yahoo.com>.
In the link you referenced me to, i'm not sure i understand how to accomplish
"you can modify the configuration value "/WEB-INF/jsp" to the existing class
path,such as "com.foo.bar" to make the convention resolve class path
smoothly"?

I tried setting struts.convention.result.path=com.foo.bar, but it did not
work.

I then tried struts.convention.result.path=/ and it removed the errors, but
now it does not resolve the actions.   I get the following error now:

Posted by "dan.zheng" <cm...@gmail.com>.
I think the action will not affect the unit test process,it only part of the
convention classloader getresource,the workaround is
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7734695/couldnt-get-resource-paths-for-class-path-resource

hope it will be effective