Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by seth rosen <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 16:56:13 UTC

Problem deploying pivot applet

I developed a simple pivot app in eclipse. It works perfectly when run as an
applet from within eclipse but when deploying it in an html page I get the
following error:

access denied (java.io.FilePermission <FilePath> read)

My applet code is:

  <applet code="org.apache.pivot.wtk.BrowserApplicationContext$HostApplet"

>  archive="lib/pivot-core-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-wtk-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-wtk-terra-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-tutorials-1.5.jar"

      width="460" height="480">

      <param name="application_class_name" value="ClassName">

  </applet>

 Thanks for the help
Seth

Re: Problem deploying pivot applet

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You need to sign any JARs whose code path may request access to a privileged operation. The easiest thing is to simply sign all JARs used by your app.

Posted by seth rosen <se...@gmail.com>.
Thank You Greg ad Ken,

I thought this might be the problem but I was under the impression that it
was the Pivot HostApplet jar that needed to be signed.

Do I need to sign the pivot jars (
lib/pivot-core-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-wtk-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-wtk-terra-1.5.jar,lib/pivot-tutorials-1.5.jar
)?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You can also use Ant for this:

Posted by ke...@sz.murata.com.cn.