Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nandy r <na...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/03/16 03:55:26 UTC

Error:Could not load [sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable]

Hello, I am trying to setup tomcat+jotm+sqlite and I get this exception stack:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1327)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForClassLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1313)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1196)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1157)
    at org.objectweb.carol.rmi.jrmp.server.JUnicastRemoteObject.unexportObject(JUnicastRemoteObject.java:138)
    at org.objectweb.carol.rmi.multi.JrmpPRODelegate.unexportObject(JrmpPRODelegate.java:107)
    at org.objectweb.carol.rmi.multi.MultiPRODelegate.unexportObject(MultiPRODelegate.java:107)
    at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.unexportObject(PortableRemoteObject.java:132)
    at org.objectweb.jotm.SubCoordinator.doAfterCompletion(SubCoordinator.java:1584)
    at org.objectweb.jotm.SubCoordinator.doRollback(SubCoordinator.java:1370)
    at org.objectweb.jotm.SubCoordinator.rollback(SubCoordinator.java:330)
    at org.objectweb.jotm.TransactionImpl.rollback(TransactionImpl.java:668)
    at org.objectweb.jotm.Current.rollback(Current.java:538)

This seems more a java rmi issue although I am not sure. I googled but could not find anything of
interest so any help much appreciated.

nandy

Re: Error:Could not load [sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable]

Posted by nandy r <na...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I decided to startup tomcat and check the first request -since the problem seems to be with
references from a previous load. I got this exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable.getStub(Ljava/rmi/Remote;)Ljava/rmi/server/RemoteStub;

 Subject: Re: Error:Could not load [sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable]
 To: "Tomcat Users List" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
 Date: Monday, March 16, 2015, 2:31 AM

 On 16/03/2015 02:55,
 nandy r wrote:
 > Hello, I am trying to
 setup tomcat+jotm+sqlite and I get this exception stack:
 > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal
 access: this web application instance has been stopped
 already.

 <snip/>

 > This seems more a java rmi issue although
 I am not sure. I googled but could not find anything of
 > interest so any help much
 appreciated.

 The root
 cause looks pretty obvious. You are trying to use a web
 application that has already been stopped. It
 is possible you have some
 sort of memory
 leak. This should help you track that down:

 http://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2010-11-04-Memory-Leaks-60mins.pdf

 Mark

Re: Error:Could not load [sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable]

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.