Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> on 2005/08/19 23:22:44 UTC

Hibernate3 ?

At some point, we should upgrade to Hibernate3.

It looks like a fairly painful upgrade. Package have changed, but what
is more worrisome is the mapping file format.

Has XDoclet 1.X been patched to support Hibernate3 yet?

Anybody care to comment on the level of pain in Hibernate3 migration?

- Dave

Re: Hibernate3 ?

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any harm in upgrading.  If you're using Spring, it's a
painless upgrade - and that's the only upgrades I've done, so I don't
know how it is sans Spring.  net.sf.hibernate -> org.hibernate is the
biggest change.  There's some issues with ANTLR on Weblogic, but
that's the only major issue.  XDoclet does support Hibernate 3, I'm
using it in AppFuse w/ XDoclet 1.2.3.

Matt