Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by DRC <dc...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/21 07:11:28 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6906 "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

I cannot add comments or reply to existing comments on tracker items in project libjpeg-turbo.  Specifically, I was trying to reply to https://sourceforge.net/p/libjpeg-turbo/patches/54/.  The site gives me "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request."

I have been able to successfully do this within the past week, so this is a new bug.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/

Posted by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net>.
Error trace is:

~~~~
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/controllers/discuss.py', line 322 in reply
  p = self.thread.add_post(parent_id=self.post._id, **kw)
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/discuss.py', line 234 in add_post
  p = self.post(**kw)
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/discuss.py', line 278 in post
  post.approve(file_info, notify=kw.get('notify', True))
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/discuss.py', line 639 in approve
  self.notify(file_info=file_info)
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/discuss.py', line 660 in notify
  file_info=file_info)
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/notification.py', line 108 in post
  n = cls._make_notification(artifact, topic, **kw)
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/notification.py', line 174 in _make_notification
  references=cls._references(artifact, post),
File '/var/local/allura/Allura/allura/model/notification.py', line 245 in _references
  while post.parent_id:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'parent_id'
~~~~

---

Posted by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net>.
This should work now, please let us know if it does not.

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** closed
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Mon Nov 25, 2013 08:15 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net>.
- **status**: code-review --> validation

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** validation
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Mon Nov 25, 2013 07:57 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net>.
- **QA**: Tim Van Steenburgh

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** code-review
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Mon Nov 25, 2013 06:04 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Posted by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net>.
- **status**: in-progress --> code-review
- **Size**:  --> 1
- **Milestone**: limbo --> forge-nov-29

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** code-review
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Mon Nov 25, 2013 03:39 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Posted by DRC <dc...@users.sf.net>.
Works now.  Thanks.

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** closed
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Tue Nov 26, 2013 06:02 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns

Posted by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net>.
`allura:cj/6906`

[#6328] [changed](734bf8) the format and value for top-level comments of the `In-Reply-To` header that gets parsed and put into the `parent_id` field of the post.

The code change will fix the format going forward and gracefully handle the ~4000 existing posts with the wrong format (they might not get threaded properly, but they won't block replies).  We could run a mongo update to fix their format, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

---

Posted by Cory Johns <ma...@users.sf.net>.
- **status**: open --> in-progress
- **assigned_to**: Cory Johns

---

** [tickets:#6906] "Error 500: We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request." when replying to tracker item**

**Status:** in-progress
**Created:** Thu Nov 21, 2013 06:11 AM UTC by DRC
**Last Updated:** Fri Nov 22, 2013 07:15 PM UTC
**Owner:** Cory Johns