Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clifford Helsel <ch...@wallstreetwise.com> on 2002/02/05 22:06:21 UTC

Easy Install Tomcat with NT IIS?

First the questions, then the background... Does anyone know how to
automate the install of the redirector filter DLL in IIS.  Second, about
Java support, will Tomcat work with just a JRE and is there any way to
automate its installation?

We have a program that requires a servlet engine.  Tomcat has been my
number one recommendation for NT.  However, on the Windows platform,
people are accustomed to double-clicking a setup.exe and everything
works...

It is not quite so easy with Tomcat, you need a JDK, you need to install
Tomcat, set up the environment variables, download the ISAPI DLL, set up
the registry, etc...

>From what I can tell with the Apache license, we should be able to
distribute an already configured Tomcat, with our webapps, etc.  We can
even automate the registry entries for the filter DLL.  However, two
other steps I'd like to automate are installing the JDK/JRE and
installing the filter DLL.

Thanks for any ideas.

Clifford Helsel
Product Manager