Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aleksei Wolff <al...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/26 03:58:00 UTC

[users@httpd] "make" error ---- help!!

I am installing apache 1.3.29.  I am following the
"HOW-TO" from www.tldp.org.

The instructions specify to use the option
"--enable-module=rewrite"

but I got an error during make: "mod_rewrite.h" no
such file or directory.

Question:

1.  Do i really need this module?

2.  I can just re-run "make" and leave the rewrite
module out or do I need to cleanup stuff from the
previous failed make?

Thanks in advance.

Alex-

Re: [users@httpd] "make" error ---- help!!

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
Aleksei Wolff wrote:

> I am installing apache 1.3.29.  I am following the
> "HOW-TO" from www.tldp.org.
>
> The instructions specify to use the option
> "--enable-module=rewrite"
>
> but I got an error during make: "mod_rewrite.h" no
> such file or directory.
>
> Question:
>
> 1.  Do i really need this module?
>
> 2.  I can just re-run "make" and leave the rewrite
> module out or do I need to cleanup stuff from the
> previous failed make?

Whether or not you need mod_rewrite depends entirely on you.  It's
certainly not required, but it can be useful in some situations.  But
I'm surprised that it's giving you an error.  Why don't you post the
configure command and any other steps that you've taken to get to the
point of the error.  You might also want to consult README.configure as
well as <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/install.html>.

Brian