Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by subendu <su...@hp.com> on 2006/07/19 05:32:38 UTC

myFaces Issue while attaching files

Hi,

We are facing some issues with using myFaces. The following exception is
thrown

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:108)
        at
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes(UIViewRoot.java:132)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.applyRequestValues(LifecycleImpl.java:200)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:71)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:106)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.j
ava:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

We are using myFaces file upload component to upload files in a form which
has other controls too. Once uploaded, we need to keep the messages as well
as update the model with the uploaded file details. This we are achieving
using processUpdates() method.

The whole process of attaching the file is going on smoothly, but before it
returns back to the page with details of the attached file and link, the
above exception is thrown.

Can anyone, pls let me know if you have faced similar issues and how to
handle it.

Thanks in advance
Subendu

Sent from the My Faces - Dev forum at Nabble.com.