Posted to users@maven.apache.org by virg g <06...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/06 11:48:12 UTC

maven-exec-plugin

Hi,
I am having a problem in using maven-exec-plugin. I have requirement that i
need to use SVN MOVE command to rename labels. Since SCM does not support
"MOVE svn tags/labels" i am using maven-exec-plugin to rename svn tags with
required arguments including svn username and password. The problem i am
facing is, this exec plugin is able to rename the labels, but in the build
log, it shows the entire exec plugin command in plain text what i have set,
since i am passing even password also, it also displays password in plain
text. Is there any way i can mask some parameters which i want to aovid
being displayed in plain text. Or is there any bettern plugin i can use to
meet my requirement? Any pointers for this?

THanks
Virg

Re: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <bm...@batmat.net>.
You're very right. Sorry about that.
I also believe far more that people is more important than anything else in
a community like here.

Please accept my apologies Martin.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

RE: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Bots are smart, intelligent, well researched auto-response daemons

in effect Baptiste stumbled into the trap of  "accidentally paying me a compliment"

Is that what you had intended Baptiste?

If your intention is to denigrate or vilify ..you'll have to do alot better than that!

Good Luck!

Martin Gainty

maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <bm...@batmat.net>.
> [...]

> > that i
> > > need to use SVN MOVE command to rename labels. Since SCM does not
> support
> > > "MOVE svn tags/labels" i am using maven-exec-plugin to rename svn tags
> > with
> > > required arguments including svn username and password. The problem i
> am
> > > facing is, this exec plugin is able to rename the labels, but in the
> > build
> > > log, it shows the entire exec plugin command in plain text what i have
> > set,
> > > since i am passing even password also, it also displays password in
> plain
> > > text. Is there any way i can mask some parameters which i want to aovid
> > > being displayed in plain text. Or is there any bettern plugin i can use
> > > meet my requirement? Any pointers for this?

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I'll bite...

--
Sent from my phone

RE: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Re: maven-exec-plugin

Posted by Wolf Geldmacher <wo...@abacus.ch>.
On 06.06.2013 11:48, virg g wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem in using maven-exec-plugin. I have requirement that i
> need to use SVN MOVE command to rename labels. Since SCM does not support
> "MOVE svn tags/labels" i am using maven-exec-plugin to rename svn tags with
> required arguments including svn username and password. The problem i am
> facing is, this exec plugin is able to rename the labels, but in the build
> log, it shows the entire exec plugin command in plain text what i have set,
> since i am passing even password also, it also displays password in plain
> text. Is there any way i can mask some parameters which i want to aovid
> being displayed in plain text.
Not that I know of.

Wrap the call in a procedure (shell/cmd batch) on your platform of
choice and call that instead. That way the username/passwd can be hidden
inside the
procedure. Distribute this wrapper as part of a toolset package to the
machines you run the build on or as part of the project.

Use of the maven-exec plugin is usually non-portable between platforms
anyway, so you're not losing too much more.
>   Or is there any bettern plugin i can use to
> meet my requirement? Any pointers for this?
None that I know of.
> THanks
> Virg
Cheers,