Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Roderick A. Anderson" <ra...@altoplanos.net> on 2000/10/03 23:17:11 UTC

Pointer to a CGI.pm list

Sorry but I've run out of sources.  (Don't have netnews.)  Is there a
mailing list for CGI.pm?  I've done all I can by reading the 'the book'
and searching the net.  Can't find anything like the symtoms I'm seeing.
   Actually the problem may be a lack of perl knowledge on my part but it
manifests itself when using CGI.pm so I have to start there.

Again sorry to ask here.

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson
raanders@altoplanos.net               Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.

Re: Pointer to a CGI.pm list

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
"Roderick A. Anderson" <ra...@altoplanos.net> writes:

> Again sorry to ask here.

Oh go on, just this once. As long as it doesn't degnerate into the
canonical template discussion...

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com

Re: Pointer to a CGI.pm list

Posted by "Keith G. Murphy" <ke...@mindspring.com>.
"Roderick A. Anderson" wrote:

> Sorry but I've run out of sources.  (Don't have netnews.)  Is there a
> mailing list for CGI.pm?  I've done all I can by reading the 'the book'
> and searching the net.  Can't find anything like the symtoms I'm seeing.
>    Actually the problem may be a lack of perl knowledge on my part but it
> manifests itself when using CGI.pm so I have to start there.

I take the above to mean that you don't have Usenet access?  Maybe you
could use DejaNews (www.deja.com) to access comp.lang.perl.modules.

Solved, partially - Pointer to a CGI.pm list

Posted by "Roderick A. Anderson" <ra...@altoplanos.net>.
I found _my_ error that caused me to send the original message.  It was a
perl thingy.  Now I've got to get with the Camel book to find out if I
can and how to do what I really wanted to do.

Fyi, I was trying to pass the keys of a hash to the -values in a
popup_menu (CGI.pm).  Followed by the hash to the -labels.

   And I just now re-read (for the 10th plus time ) the reference section
on 'popup_menu' in the CGI.pm book and see I could have done it without
all the mucking about I was doing.
   RTFM, Then re-read it!

Thanks to all that offered suggestions and pointers.

Rod

Re: Pointer to a CGI.pm list

Posted by "Peter J. Schoenster" <pe...@schoenster.com>.
On 3 Oct 2000, at 14:17, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Sorry but I've run out of sources.  (Don't have netnews.)  Is
> there a mailing list for CGI.pm?  I've done all I can by reading
> the 'the book' and searching the net.  Can't find anything like
> the symtoms I'm seeing.
>    Actually the problem may be a lack of perl knowledge on my
>    part but it
> manifests itself when using CGI.pm so I have to start there.

Hi, this is just the mention of another list where Perl and cgi
is the primary topic.

There is a list which is quite a few degrees less ... umm ... I
think you get the drift, but the list has some real good people
on it in addition to total newbies and is actually quite
friendly to newbies (once TC left :):) ... there was a great
thread for awhile where TC tried to explain why such and such
was necessary ... most of the list would not listen). Granted,
if you are posting to this list you are not a newbie (and in
fact we try to get people on the cgi-list to just use CGI.pm ...
although for mod_perl I use other modules) but as I said there
are some very knowledgeable, helpful members on that list and
more talk of mod_perl would not hurt.

It is the cgi-list.

Send email to majordomo@jann.com

subscribe cgi-list