Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by harvinder singh <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/22 14:11:07 UTC

Generating SVg from Graphics2D

Hello everyone,

I am developing
an application that generates Graphics2D visualisation of a network
(JUNG), I would like to convert the Graphics2D output of the current
visualization to and SVG document. However I am unabke to find
anything, I have Batik generating SVG from the sample provided on the
Batik website but how shouold I make it to generate an SVG of my
generated graphics (how should i forward the graphics to Batik) to make
it write an SVG output.

Please help!!!
Harvinder Singh

http://www.searchgamesbox.com

Re: Generating SVg from Graphics2D

Posted by Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni <li...@prometoys.net>.
Hi,

it seems nobody answers, so I will point you to my "dirty" code. I am a
student and not well experienced programmer, but maybe it is helpful
anyway.

I use this method:

	private String generateSVG() throws
TransformerFactoryConfigurationError, TransformerException {
		String result ="";
        Transformer transformer;

		transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer();
        transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes");
//	        initialize StreamResult with File object to save to file
        StreamResult streamResult = new StreamResult(new
StringWriter());
        DOMSource source = new DOMSource(model.getSVGDoc());
        transformer.transform(source, streamResult);
        result = streamResult.getWriter().toString();

		return result;
	}

I use the String, which is returned with another method, to write it to
the disk:

	private void saveFile(File saveFile, String xmlData) throws IOException
{
//		File saveFile = new File(filename);
		if(!saveFile.exists()){
//			System.out.printf("Create new File %s. \n", filename);
			saveFile.createNewFile();
			FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(saveFile);
			fw.write(xmlData);
			fw.close();

		} else {
			System.out.printf("ERROR: File %s already exist. Did nothing. \n",
saveFile.toURI().toString());
		}

	}

I attached you the complete file. Hope this help you.

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people@world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'