Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christopher Blunck <bl...@gst.com> on 2003/10/17 00:28:29 UTC

axis-wsdl2java how to pass className arg that'll get into deploy.wsdd?

hi all-

like many others, i'm new to axis.  i have an existing wsdl that i can pump
through axis-wsdl2java thus:
  <target name="GenerateServerFiles">
    <echo message="Generating complex types and server side interface..."/>
    <axis-wsdl2java
      output="${wsdl2java.dir}/server"
      testcase="true"
      verbose="false"
      serverside="true"
      skeletondeploy="true"
      url="${wsdl.dir}/Router.wsdl"/>

<!--  it would be nice to be able to pass something like:
      className="gov.nasa.echo.partner.proxy.order.router.Router"    -->
  </target>

what i'm confused by is that the deploy.wsdd contains:
      <parameter name="className" value="gov.nasa.echo.partner.proxy.order.router.OrderBindingSkeleton"/>

i understand why wsdl2java used OrderBindingSkeleton (because I passed
skeletondeploy="true"), but how do i pass a param to wsdl2java where i can
explicitly set the className that belongs in deploy.wsdd?  or am i missing
something here?

i believe that the proper thing to do (please confirm or reject this) is to:
 - run wsdl2java over your WSDL, and generate a skeleton for your server side
 - implement a class that subclasses the skeleton that axis generated
 - reference your subclass as the className in deploy.wsdd
 - do something else

where do something else is the steps i do not yet know.  it's basically the
act of warring up axis, deploying it into tomcat, somehow giving it visibility
to my classes, and using the admin client to configure the axis servlet with
information about my app (probably via deploy.wsdd).  that i'm not worried
about tho - it's the bloody className parameter in deploy.wsdd that's choking
me.

any hints?

i'm not on the mailing list, so if you could group reply that'd be helpful.  i
might join in a bit (will be working with axis a lot).

-c

--
 18:20:00  up 1 day,  7:25,  6 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.20, 0.18