Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Alfredo Rueda <al...@opentrends.net> on 2008/12/16 15:55:29 UTC

Hot Deployment ofbiz java service

Hello!

It's necessary to restart Ofbiz/Opentaps server when I make a change on a
Java class that implements an ofbiz service?

In the past, in another computer (possibly another version of Opentaps) I
did not need to restart Ofbiz Server when I run the server in debug mode:
<jvmarg value="-Xdebug"/>
<jvmarg
value="-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8091"/>

but now I need to restart every time I make a little modification to a java
class.

How can activate/enable hot deployment/dynamic reloading of classes in Ofbiz
Server?
How must I start the jvm server process?
May I change some Tomcat configuration file?

I don't know where to start?

Thanks in advance!

Alfredo

Re: Hot Deployment ofbiz java service

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
If it's a java service you have to reboot, if its a simple-method (minilang) you don't.
That's another reason why simple-method is popular (besides CRUD aspect without taking care of exceptions) ...

Jacques

From: "Alfredo Rueda" <al...@opentrends.net>