Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by gsoap <gs...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/11 13:01:15 UTC

An issue in escaping double quote in SQL

Hi,

If we escape double quote in SQL by replacing it by two double quotes like
following:

SELECT * FROM nt:base WHERE CONTAINS(., '"This line have "" quote"')

then this does not work in case if we search only " see following query:

SELECT * FROM nt:base WHERE CONTAINS(., '""""')

In the above query we have a single term and we are searching only " which
if we replace by "" it results in parser exception.

Kindly suggest something.

Thanks.