Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DN...@datixinc.com on 2002/03/05 00:40:55 UTC

runaway process in java while using tomcat

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem I am having.
I am using tomcat 4.0.1 to run a web site with jsps. This site uses alot of
database connecting with Informix.
For some reason, usually within 2 hours of starting up tomcat, a process
will start to take up 100% of the CPU.
The time it takes for this to happen varies.  Ive tried to reproduce it on
a test site by myself but cannot seem to reproduce it.
It only happens when alot of users are using the site and some user seems
to be causing this to happen.
The site has alot of people hitting it because it is close to easter and
people are ordering from this site.

Well, I was wondering what could cause this runaway process in tomcat.  I
have check all my loops and logic it doesnt seem to be any infinite loops
in the code.  Has anyone else had this problem with tomcat? If anyone has a
suggestion to track this problem down or someone who has a similar problem
please respond as soon as possible.

Ive spent about 1 week on this and cant seem to find the problem.  I really
need to get this fixed immediately.

Thanks in advanced,

Dave