Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> on 2013/07/19 01:50:24 UTC

Navigator

This is frustrating.  I have a master document with 50 sub documents
under Win 7 / OOo 3.4.1 which I've been working on for nearly 3 years
now.  I don't remember at this point just what version of OOo I was
using when I created the documents, but I've been on this version for
quite a while now.  Every time I used to open the master document it
used to automatically open the Navigator alongside it (including under
my current system), and it was a little annoying because it was always
on top of what I wanted.  Now, I NEED the navigator and it doesn't
open.  I have no idea what I might have done to suppress it.

Can someone please tell me how to open the Navigator?

--
Dale Erwin
Jr. 28 de Julio 657, Depto. 03

Re: Navigator

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:31:55 -0400
Rima Schulkind <ri...@schulkind.com> wrote:

> I was cc'd this email, and while it doesn't address my query, you sound like someone who might know something about this awful word processing app. Here are the questions I sent to users@open office-  and received no response:
>
> 1. How can I change the default font

Set a blank document up as you wish, changing the styles, then save as a template.
Details at
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161

> 2. Can I make saving to the desktop the default instead of to documents?

Change the path under /Tools /Options/OpenOffice.org :Paths
Yoou may need to restart OpenOffce including the Quickstarter for this to take (I'm not certain)

> 3. How can I alphabetize a list of words, and can I do this by either first name or second name?

/Tools /Sort - best to consult the Help file for more detail.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Navigator

Posted by Rima Schulkind <ri...@schulkind.com>.

Re: Navigator

Posted by Graham Lauder <g....@gmail.com>.

Re: Navigator

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
Whoops, I found it.  After pressing F5 I had to pull it out from the
edge of the window frame.  Before it used to open in a separate little
windowlet, and that is what I was expecting.

Re: Navigator

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.

Re: Navigator

Posted by Graham Lauder <g....@gmail.com>.