Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@linux.com> on 2019/01/08 16:40:10 UTC

Status of WebviewEngine Bridge Plugin

Hi everyone,

I am working on implementing WKWebView into our app right now. This blog
post announced changes to cordova-ios and a "bridge" plugin:
https://cordova.apache.org/news/2018/08/01/future-cordova-ios-webview.html

Is this plugin already in development? Can I test it or contribute to
development? An option to switch between WebViewEngines in runtime would
make stuff easier for this app.

I`m looking forward helping.

Best regards

Niklas

Re: Status of WebviewEngine Bridge Plugin

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@linux.com>.
Thanks for the info.

The discussion there is about a bridge that sits between the app and
webview. The webviews I tested (Cordova CDVUIWebview and WKWebview and
Ionics WKWebview which has the same class name) implement the interface
CDVWebViewEngineProtocol. I can´t get a feeling what needs to be done to
get this bridge/proxy working smoothly. I just found a (simple/dirty)
way to force Cordova to load a webview at runtime, because we need this
for compatibility reasons.

Cookies are still a not quite ready, but workarounds exists.

The Ionic plugin switched from the webserver solution to serving from a
custom protocol just a few days ago. This works quite well for CORS.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@rhoen.de>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.