Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Danny Heinen <da...@hitec.lu> on 2001/10/02 16:20:31 UTC

HTTP POST request: maximum allowed data?

Hi,

I have to tranfer data from a textarea to a JSP page, by using the HTTP POST
request.

I do it by javascript:

var newPage = "/nnn/newpage.jsp?" + szData;
window.location.href=newPage;

The data will be saved in a database then. I wonder what's the maximum
allowed data to send with a POST command. And the GET? I had a look in the
RFC but didn't find any size limitation. But there is one.

Is there a way to setup the web server (I'm currently using Tomcat
standalone 3.2.3 and 4.0) to accept more data?

Thanks for any info.

Danny Heinen
HITEC Luxembourg S.A.

ejb mysql ejbPassivate() - NEWBIE QUESTION -

Posted by Papo Napolitano <pa...@dosalcubo.com>.
I'm trying to write an Session EJB to administrate users in a Database.

I've written it and connect to mySql in this way :

----------------------------  CODE ----------------------------------

  public int dbConnect() {

   try {
      Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
    } catch(Exception e){
      return 100;
    }

   try{
      this.dbConnection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/bcu","user","pass");
    } catch(SQLException e) {
   return 101;
    }
   return 0 ;
  }

This work ok, but It remains connected and returns error when jboss try to
passivate the EJB.

So.. I want to know how can I refer to my ejb to make a dbConnection.close()
from the ejbPassivate() ??? and connect on ejbActivate().

Regards,

Papo