Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "gerhard.hager" <ge...@smartstream-stp.com> on 2011/10/05 14:06:22 UTC

Unable to resolve module......two dependency chains

I have a problem when updating a bundle - it seems that the classloader is
not unloaded when stopping the bundle or doing an update.
This prevents me from correctly updating a solution that consists of 2
bundles (an API and the Impl).

See snippet from the logfile:
 //=================================
Error executing command: Unable to resolve module com.foo.services.server
[269.1] because it is exposed to package 'com.foo.services.api' from
com.foo.services.api [268.0] and com.foo.services.api [268.1] via two
dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  com.foo.services.server [269.1]
    import: (package=com.foo.services.api)

    export: package=com.foo.services.api
  com.foo.services.api [268.0]

Chain 2:
  com.foo.services.server [269.1]
    import: (package=com.foo.services.api.impl)

    export: package=com.foo.services.api.impl; uses:=com.foo.services.api
    export: package=com.foo.services.api
  com.foo.services.api [268.1]
karaf@root>

[ 268] [Installed  ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Service API
[ 269] [Installed  ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Service Server

In fact these are not 2 dependency chains, it's 2 classloaders for the same
dependency. This happens whenever I update the API bundle (doesn't matter if
I stop the bundles before or not).

How can I solve this? There is not "features:update" command that would help
in that case.