Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gerd Kortemeyer <ko...@lite.msu.edu> on 2001/03/03 02:48:27 UTC

[JOB] mod_perl programmers needed

We need programmers to work on an open source project

 http://www.lon-capa.org/

- check out "Technical Background" for some - guess what - technical
background (slightly outdated).

If this looks interesting to you, please send me an email off-the-list.
Note that this is a ".edu/.org" rather than a ".com" .

- Gerd.

Re: [JOB] mod_perl programmers needed

Posted by Gerd Kortemeyer <ko...@lite.msu.edu>.
Hi,

I have received several emails in response to the posting below, but all
of them were asking about telecommuting. So let me answer that
on-the-list.

We have not yet seriously considered telecommuting, and would have to
discuss this option in our group, as well as with the admin folks. In
principle, I *think* this would be possible, but

 * individuals would have to be willing to come to campus for about a week
to get oriented
 * since this is a networked system which relies on persistent connections
between the nodes, the individual would have to be able to dedicate one
box with a permanent internet connection to this (at least cable modem or
something)
 * we would probably contract on an hourly base for telecommuters

We would have to work out feasibility and details on an individual base.

- Gerd.