Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lakshmi Narayanan K." <ln...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/01 10:41:58 UTC

Query on catalina.bat of Tomcat 5.0.28

Hi All,

In the file catalina.bat, the following lines of code are present:
    echo Using CATALINA_BASE:   %CATALINA_BASE%
    echo Using CATALINA_HOME:   %CATALINA_HOME%
    echo Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: %CATALINA_TMPDIR%
    echo Using JAVA_HOME:       %JAVA_HOME%

    set _EXECJAVA=%_RUNJAVA%

My question here is, who / wherefrom is the value of _RUNJAVA being
set/obtained?

I noticed that shutdown.bat file calls catalina.bat file with stop
option. I am facing a problem with the execution of the same. When I
executed shutdown.bat via the command prompt, the value of _RUNJAVA
gets set to the value of the proper java that is present in JAVA_HOME.
But when I am executed the same shutdown.bat script from within our
product application, the value _RUNJAVA isn't getting set as expected.
Because of this, tomcat shutdown is not getting called, hence tomcat
never stops when I try to stop it via our application.

Any ideas???

- Lakshmi Narayanan K.

Re: Query on catalina.bat of Tomcat 5.0.28

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 1, 2005 2:11 PM, Lakshmi Narayanan K. <ln...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In the file catalina.bat, the following lines of code are present:
>     echo Using CATALINA_BASE:   %CATALINA_BASE%
>     echo Using CATALINA_HOME:   %CATALINA_HOME%
>     echo Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: %CATALINA_TMPDIR%
>     echo Using JAVA_HOME:       %JAVA_HOME%
>
>     set _EXECJAVA=%_RUNJAVA%
>
> My question here is, who / wherefrom is the value of _RUNJAVA being
> set/obtained?
>
> I noticed that shutdown.bat file calls catalina.bat file with stop
> option. I am facing a problem with the execution of the same. When I
> executed shutdown.bat via the command prompt, the value of _RUNJAVA
> gets set to the value of the proper java that is present in JAVA_HOME.
> But when I am executed the same shutdown.bat script from within our
> product application, the value _RUNJAVA isn't getting set as expected.
> Because of this, tomcat shutdown is not getting called, hence tomcat
> never stops when I try to stop it via our application.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> - Lakshmi Narayanan K.

There may be an environment variable set JAVA_HOME that is causing
trouble. Look at setclasspath.bat to what _RUNJAVA points to.

--
Benchmark Softech
www.benchmarksoft.com