Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/22 03:55:43 UTC

Stale session. Problem persists

Hello there! I'm having this odd-ackward-strange problem. Everytime I
update the visit object, it is not reflected on the subsequent page
view. Let's suppose I have this flow

UserName = "John Doe"

User updates name from visit to = "John Doe Jr"
cycle.activate("newDestination")
newDestination reads "John Doe"
User gets p***off and clicks refresh
newDestination reads "John Doe Jr"

Why is that? It's happening on every single page that updates the visit object.
Also the restart service does not "kill" the session? I was hopping
that it would kill my visit object so I coudl use it as a logout
button.

Please I really need a solution for this

Regards

Vinicius Carvalho

Re: Stale session. Problem persists

Posted by Johan Maasing <jo...@zoom.nu>.
Pablo Ruggia wrote:
> Please, send the code where you update your visit and then activate the
> page.
> It's very strange what you are telling.

It seems strange. Just to be sure, is it possible that the browser is
using its cached copy of the page? You could try that by logging out and
then close all instances of the browser before logging in again.

Posted by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Please see if http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/16234 helps.

--