Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/08/06 22:52:16 UTC

Fortress change

I simplified Fortress a little bit by removing the possibility of having
a Container that is Composable.  All Containers themselves need to be
Serviceable.

I also simplified its use by hiding the use of the ContextManager in the
ContainerManager.  That way you do not need to worry about that class at
all.  It also ensures that the class is properly set up and torn down.

Existing code that uses the ContextManager constructors will continue
to work.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Fortress change

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.
I made one change to the way the Initialization of the ContextManager is
handled by the
DefaultContainerManager.   The DefaultContainerManager was calling
initialize on the
contextManager from within its own initialize method.  This was not
always correct.  If
the constructor taking a ContextManager was called, then it would be the
responsibility
of the calling code to pass in a completely constructed and initialized
ContextManager.
This would then lead to the ContextManager being initialized twice.

The fix was to only intialize the ContextManager if it was created by the
DefaultContainerManager.

This also solves a problem where createLoggerFromContext() was failing
because it
was being called before the ContextManager was initialized.

Can you take a look at the new getInitializedContextManager class.  I
was not really
sure what to do in the case of an exception from calling initialize() on
the contextManager.
Ideas?

Cheers,
Leif