Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick Kennedy <ds...@earthlink.net> on 2005/09/22 05:32:59 UTC

Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

My techie set-up MP 1.99 on a new server running Apache 2 but things
just aren't working properly. Unfortunately he had to go out of town for
awhile, so I am looking to hire a MP "guru" to finishing the setup/config.
I assume it wouldn't take you more than 30-60 minutes to finish, and I'm
willing to pay any reasonable fee. If you are available, please let me know.

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com>.
On Sep 23, 2005, at 4:03 AM, Tom Schindl wrote:

> I'm always compiling my own:
> - - apache
> - - perl
> - - mod_perl

I used to do that all the time.  Then i moved to freebsd, where the
ports system gives you the flexibility of compiling your own, with the
ease/standards or a centralized system.

Move to freebsd.

Re: Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

Re: Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

Posted by Dzuy Nguyen <dz...@infinity-studios.com>.
It can, if you compiled it natively.  I have Apache2 and MP2 compiled
and running happily on RH9.  I would not recommend the stock RH
MP2 rpm.

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:09:40 -0500
Patrick Kennedy <ds...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> >Why are you using 1.99 when 2.0.1 is out? If you can give me more
> >information about what you need you can contact me offline and maybe
> >I can help you.
> >
> >Tom
>
> Apparently MP2 isn't compatible with my RedHat 3 ES ??

  I believe you can get it working on RHEL ES 3, but you can't use
  the RH supplied RPMs for Apache, mod_perl, etc.

 ---------------------------------
   Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org
 ---------------------------------

Re: Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

Posted by Patrick Kennedy <ds...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

Re: Looking to hire MP guru for setup/config

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Patrick Kennedy wrote:
> My techie set-up MP 1.99 on a new server running Apache 2 but things
> just aren't working properly. Unfortunately he had to go out of town for
> awhile, so I am looking to hire a MP "guru" to finishing the setup/config.
> I assume it wouldn't take you more than 30-60 minutes to finish, and I'm
> willing to pay any reasonable fee. If you are available, please let me
> know.
Did you get any responses on this ?

And are you interested in moving to mp2 2.0.1 ?

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/