Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Morriz <mo...@idiotz.nl> on 2006/06/28 10:35:11 UTC

Common error or not?

Hi everybody, I hope I am sending this to the right place :)

I have the following problem after having run the new spamassassin 3.1.3 for
several days

The emails dont get stamped correctly after being evaluated and this shows
up in their headers:

SA:0(?/?)

And these lines show up in the log:

prefork: sysread(7) not ready, wait max 300 secs
prefork: child 6047: entering state 1
prefork: new lowest idle kid: 6047
prefork: child reports idle
prefork: child states: II

I have the following in /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin:

SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -m 50 -H -D"

I cannot find any solutions to this problem on the net. Only 4 or 5 people
so far have reported the same problem, but nobody has helped them.

Anybody knows whats going on?

cheerz,

Morriz

Re: Common error or not?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Morriz wrote:

> And these lines show up in the log:
>
> prefork: sysread(7) not ready, wait max 300 secs
> prefork: child 6047: entering state 1
> prefork: new lowest idle kid: 6047
> prefork: child reports idle
> prefork: child states: II
>

> I have the following in /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin:
>
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -m 50 -H -D"

This shouldn't be the problem with only two children (as logged above)
but do you really have enough memory for 50 children?  At a minimum
you'd probably need close to 2GB of RAM dedicated for them and certainly
no less than 1.5GB.

Daryl