Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2003/07/06 02:10:08 UTC

Re: fr translating newcomer

* Vincent Deffontaines wrote:

> Several questions :
> - I saw no french DTD or XSL files? Do i have to start generating them?
> - In a general way, is there some thing more urgent than others I should
> start with?

Beside the fr.xml file, the sitemap is a good candidate to work on, since it's
the base for other transformations, like CHM (MS Help) format.

> - Any doc anywhere about the way to play with special characters, such as
> accents? Anyone having some vim macros for me to hack?

That's your decision. You're using iso-8859-1, so characters like é or ç can
be used in normal 8-bit encoding. Within the actual documents we included the
W3C character entities that are well-known from HTML, so you may use &eacute;
and &ccedil; instead.

> Btw, I am quite interested to get a SSHed CVS access, as I mostly work
> behind a firewall that denies pserver. For now I have only looked and
> played with the tarballs.

Hmm. AFAICS the tarballs contain only HEAD, which is 2.1. A checkout would be
much better (btw: the APACHE_2_0_BRANCH is for 2.0). Is it possible to talk
with your admin? ;-)

However, fr.xml and bind.xml - are these reviewed in the meantime?

nd

Re: fr translating newcomer

Posted by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com>.
AndréMalo said:

> However, fr.xml and bind.xml - are these reviewed in the meantime?

They are in the review pipe, together with a few others I have translated
so far. I will email them all back to the list as soon as they are
reviewed.

Vincent