Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2006/01/19 14:03:07 UTC

Re: Passing a parameter to flow from sitemap [SOLVED]

Geert

POST SCRIPT:

I finally tracked down a fragment of code, posted by Stavros:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=111662268832339&w=2

in which the userID is accessed without having to pass a parameter
from the sitemap.  The code looks complex and unwieldy (to my non-
Java guru eye), but it works!

Thanks
Derek

>>> Geert.Josten@daidalos.nl 2006/01/19 02:01:06 PM >>>

Perhaps. Are _all_ sessions attributes hidden within the 'protected' part? And what about request
attributes for instance? You might be able to use session or request actions to store the userid
under a different name in session or request context outside the protected part.

If that doesn't help, try asking the dev list...

Kind regards,
Geert

Derek Hohls wrote:

> Geert
>
> Thanks... any suggestion for a work-around in the meantime??
>
> Thanks
> Derek

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

HelpDesk@csir.co.za.

and is believed to be clean.

Re: Passing a parameter to flow from sitemap [SOLVED]

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
I knew there had to be a simple answer, many thanx to Jean-Baptiste Quenot on the dev mailing list
(in answer to a question from Derek Hohls):

Why don't you use the session-context input module?

Example:

<map:parameter name="userId" value="{session-context:authentication/authentication/ID}"/>

Or just:

<map:parameter name="userId" value="{ID}"/>

The above expression works because AuthAction (auth-protect)
returns a map of parameters available in the sitemap.
<<

Cheers

Geert Josten wrote:
> Hmmm, yes, I see what you mean. Looks a bit similar to the way on
> accesses global settings from a sitemap. It would be nicer if there was
> an input module for the authentication context settings, so you could
> replace {session-attr:userID} with for instance {authentication:ID}.
>
> Cheers,
> Geert
>
> PS: good search by the way!
>
> Derek Hohls wrote:
>
>> Geert
>>
>> POST SCRIPT:
>>
>> I finally tracked down a fragment of code, posted by Stavros:
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=111662268832339&w=2
>>
>> in which the userID is accessed without having to pass a parameter
>> from the sitemap.  The code looks complex and unwieldy (to my non-
>> Java guru eye), but it works!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Derek

Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken
wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Re: Passing a parameter to flow from sitemap [SOLVED]

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.