Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/09/22 12:14:15 UTC

New Struts Committer -- Matt Raible

Please join us in welcoming Matt Raible as a new Struts committer.

Over many years, Matt Raible has been one the most involved members of
our community, for Struts 1, Struts 2, and WebWork. He's also a member
of the Apache Roller project, which recently migrated from Struts 1 to
Struts 2. Though sometimes critical, his comments are always meant to
be constructive. He's participated in over fifty JIRA tickets, and
over a hundred threads on struts-user and struts-dev. Of course, many
of us have also met Matt, since he frequently attends ApacheCon and
other conventions.

Welcome, Matt ... BTW, have you heard that our invalid property error
reporting sucks^g^g^g^g needs work?

PMC vote: 12 +1. (Could be a record!)

-Ted.

Re: New Struts Committer -- Matt Raible

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome Matt! Here is your little welcome gift:
>
> http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-559

*lol*

That's like an un-opened card (JIRA ticket) with money
inside (resolved JIRA ticket)!

Now... who's gonna stuff the card with the money?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Matt! Here is your little welcome gift:

http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-559

:)

musachy

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli <ni...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Matt,

Good to have you on board!

Nils-H

Posted by Jessek <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hah,  I knew it must've been Struts.

Congrats on joining the project Matt,  I'm sure you'll have fun doing it.
(or at least be more in control of your own destiny)

p.s. sorry the message is so many days off from the original post..

Re: New Struts Committer -- Matt Raible

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Matt,

Glad to see you accepted the invitation after all.

Phil

On 9/22/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please join us in welcoming Matt Raible as a new Struts committer.
>
> Over many years, Matt Raible has been one the most involved members of
> our community, for Struts 1, Struts 2, and WebWork. He's also a member
> of the Apache Roller project, which recently migrated from Struts 1 to
> Struts 2. Though sometimes critical, his comments are always meant to
> be constructive. He's participated in over fifty JIRA tickets, and
> over a hundred threads on struts-user and struts-dev. Of course, many
> of us have also met Matt, since he frequently attends ApacheCon and
> other conventions.
>
> Welcome, Matt ... BTW, have you heard that our invalid property error
> reporting sucks^g^g^g^g needs work?
>
> PMC vote: 12 +1. (Could be a record!)
>
> -Ted.

Software Architect - Hydrodesk
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." - John F. Woods

Re: New Struts Committer -- Matt Raible

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I've always enjoyed WebWork/XWork because I found it easy to find and
fix bugs in the codebase. I don't know if I'll be any good at adding
new features, but hopefully I can help with documentation and bug
fixing. Of course, I'll try to do user support as well, but with
AppFuse's lists pulling in ~1000 messages a month, it might be
difficult. I don't want to stretch myself too thin. ;-)

I'm eager to get started on and fix XW-559:

http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-559

In reality, I can't believe this issue hasn't been brought up before,
but maybe that's because a lot of folks are using FreeMarker instead
of JSP with Struts 2. I'll start a separate thread to get feedback on
how to go about fixing this.

Thanks!

Matt

P.S. Just because I'm a committer now doesn't mean I won't stop
criticizing Struts 2. Unfortunately, now I'll just be criticizing
myself for not fixing stuff. ;-)

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: New Struts Committer -- Matt Raible