Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Miles <er...@kronos.com> on 2008/03/12 21:23:39 UTC

plugin dependencies question

All,

I have a plugin I wrote, that use framework FooBar.  This plugin will
work with FooBar version 1.1 through 1.8.  I have numerous maven
projects that use my plugin and all use different versions of FooBar.
The version of FooBar is important to each project as compilation is
performed (compiled units are not backwards compatible).  Is there a way
to create my plugin so that it uses FooBar for compilation, however the
individual projects specify which version of FooBar to the plugin via
the pom?

Thanks in advance,
Eric Miles

Re: plugin dependencies question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Alternatively, write your plugin such that it can use any version 1.1
through 1.8 and specify the version with a configuration element. Your
plugin will need a bit more intelligence to pull this off.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The RC will probably go out tomorrow. I planned on today, but I ran into
issues with the integration tests and I had to stop and setup some CI.

Posted by Eric Miles <er...@kronos.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Handy, isn't it?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.