Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/06/12 18:02:25 UTC

The Forward Mailet

Hello,

I am interested in using the "All" matcher and the "Forward" mailet in the root processor to forward all e-mail that hits James.

I have read all the documentation for the Forward mailet and have placed it in the root processor.  Is there a trick that I need to do to make it work correctly?  I have the "transport" processor listed after the Forward mailet.  That is to say, there are two pairs of matchers/mailets.  The Forward mailet comes before the matcher/mailet that sends remaining messages to the transport processor.

For example:

<processor="root">
<mailet match="All" class="Forward">

<forwardto>newEmailAddress</forwardto>

</mailet>

<mailet match="All" class="ToProcessor">

<processor> transport </processor>

</mailet>

</processor>

The transporter processor contains the default mailets that comes with James.

Thanks,
Hut

Re: The Forward Mailet

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
for example don't forward everything but only the addresses you actually
need using the HostIs matcher.

Regarding the doc, unfortunately, I don't remember where it was described,
maybe in the source code. When I started using James I created an endless
loop each an every time I changed the configuration.

Re: The Forward Mailet

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.

Re: The Forward Mailet

Posted by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@sbcglobal.net>.
Noel,

I am prototyping an possible idea I have to incorporate into my company's
application.  Right now, I am simply looking at the possibility of
forwarding incoming mail to mail servers on several developers desktops.  It
is a proof of concept thought.

With that said, I  am curious as to where I need to place the Forward mailet
to operate effectively.  The All matcher is simply a way of starting off
small then add the various functions that I need.

I fully expect developing a custom mailet that would incorporate parts of
the Forward mailet functionality.

Thanks,

Hut

RE: The Forward Mailet