Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/07/31 16:29:06 UTC

Re[2]: Raising Context Manager from the dead

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, 10:19:13 AM, Nikolas wrote:

NAR> Did you reload it? What happens if you try to access
NAR> http://yourhost/manager/list ?

     When you say 'reload it' what exactly do you mean? When I go to
     http://localhost:8080/manger/list I get the nice "page can not be
     displayed error" as if I'm typing in a bad URL.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net

Re[2]: Raising Context Manager from the dead

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.
It's fixed.

Thanks for the help. {blushing} I found the problem AFTER
I removed all the webapps and did an uninstall and then a reinstall.
On this dev box I noticed the tomcat-users.xml had
<user username="xxx" password="xxx" .../>
Obviously that was messed up and needed to be user name="".
Sadly I looked over this file a few times and it just never caught my
eye. Sort of like asking people to read the following statement:
                  ________
                 / PARIS  \
                / IN  THE  \
               / THE SPRING \
               --------------

and mostly people don't catch that there are two "THEs"
Anyway thanks for the help. Sorry to waste your time, but I
appreciate it.

Re: Raising Context Manager from the dead

Posted by "Nikolas A. Rathert" <ni...@igd.fhg.de>.

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.

Posted by "Nikolas A. Rathert" <ni...@igd.fhg.de>.
So, your copied your manager folder. There is just a WEB-INF with a
web.xml in it, right? And you did not delete any of the entries in
server.xml concerning "/manager" (context path for manager). Your server