Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rainer Menzner <rm...@L1id.com> on 2007/09/12 10:39:02 UTC

[Axis2] Can anybody currently use wsdl2java meaningfully in Axis2-1.3?

Hi,

about a week ago I asked a question about a problem related to stub
files created by wsdl2java, a Java compilation error like e.g.

......\AddElementParam.java:154: <anonymous
com.identix.www.astraqueueservice.AddElementParam$1> is not abstract and
does not override abstract method
serialize(org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer.MTOMAwareXMLStreamWriter)
in org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBDataSource

So far I got no feedback and I watched out for people who might have
this problem too. Actually, the stubs created by wsdl2java implement

  serialize( javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamWriter xmlWriter);

but deriving from org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBBean apparently
requires a serialize method that takes a different argument:

serialize(org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer.MTOMAwareXMLStreamWriter)

I'm not a Java *expert*, but it seems that something does not match
correctly here. However, I wonder if I'm  really the only one who
experiences this problem. If so, I had to search in my own project but
I'm pretty sure everything is setup consistently with respect to the
Axis2 version. If not, this would be a serious show stopper bug since
not even the simples stub class would be compilable.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks in advance,
-Rainer

Re: [Axis2] Can anybody currently use wsdl2java meaningfully in Axis2-1.3?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Your problem seems to be that you use the Axis2 1.2 generated code with the
Axis2 1.3.

Amila.

On 9/12/07, Ashish Arya <As...@sos.sungard.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have used this tool without any problem (except one related with
> throws clause of AxisFault) using ANT's AntCodegenTask task.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ashish Arya,
> Sungard Offshore Services (India)

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

RE: [Axis2] Can anybody currently use wsdl2java meaningfully in Axis2-1.3?