Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by ben fleis <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/25 11:56:09 UTC

dynamically changing log level on a running broker?

Hello hello,

>From what I see at KAFKA-16 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-16>
and KAFKA-429 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-429>, it should
be possible to change log levels on a running broker process.  The patches
appears (to my naive eyes: I speak no Java/MBeans, and very little Scala)
to provide the capability, but it's not clear to me -- how can I actually
do this from the command line on a running system?  Anybody have a simple
example of this?  Have I simply missed it?

Thanks!

Re: dynamically changing log level on a running broker?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
You can do this through jconsole on the log4j mbean.

Thanks,

Jun