Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/11 23:40:52 UTC

Tomcat 7 and parsers...

Hi All,

Is it possible to replace xml parsers in Tomcat 7? Which xml parsers are used?
I am just doing some performance testing of Tocat 7.0.8 and wondering. Perhaps
only the APR that comes with Tomcat 7 does the parsing?

I am specifically running some performance tests with Jersey and trying
different performance tuning options and besides the jvm setting for tomcat. I
tried using ApacheHttpClient with GET so far which seems to be the fastest
option. Of course I am looking for other tweeks.

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: Tomcat 7 and parsers...

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 2/11/11 10:40 PM, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to replace xml parsers in Tomcat 7?

Not really AFAIK.

> Which xml parsers are used?

Tomcat only parses XML at server or app startup.

> I am just doing some performance testing of Tocat 7.0.8 and wondering. Perhaps
> only the APR that comes with Tomcat 7 does the parsing?

Nope.  What XML are you expecting Tomcat (as opposed to Java itself) to
parse?

> I am specifically running some performance tests with Jersey and trying
> different performance tuning options and besides the jvm setting for tomcat. I
> tried using ApacheHttpClient with GET so far which seems to be the fastest
> option. Of course I am looking for other tweeks.

Tomcat doesn't get URLs, your app does.