Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gl...@ansett.com.au on 2000/07/25 05:16:00 UTC

Jikes problems

I am having a few problems with Jikes and ant.  When I compile my code using the
classic compiler all is well.  When trying jikes it complains about missing
classes.  When I compile for the second time the compile errors go away.

Is this a problem with jikes or ant?

Regards,

     Glen Stampoultzis

error please notify Ansett Australia immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Ansett Australia.

ABN Ansett Australia Ltd	37 004 209 410
ABN Ansett International Ltd	72 060 622 460

Re: Jikes problems

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 01:16  25/7/00 +1000, you wrote:
>I am having a few problems with Jikes and ant.  When I compile my code
using the
>classic compiler all is well.  When trying jikes it complains about missing
>classes.  When I compile for the second time the compile errors go away.
>
>Is this a problem with jikes or ant?

depends on what version of ant/jdk/jikes you are running. Jikes will not by
default add classes.zip, rt.jar or any of extensions jars into classpath.
To fix this you need to manually place them in classpath. However I believe
a recent version of ant will automatically add classes.zip (for jdk1.1) or
rt.jar (for jdk1.2+) to classpath if you are using jikes.  Older jikes may
also have "features"

Cheers,

Pete