Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Stefano Buliani <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 10:37:30 UTC

PPT Export

Hi all,
I've been asked to find and evaluate different java libraries capable
of working with ppt files and evaluate them.

I've looked at three libraries two of which are commercial and my
company would gladly go for an open source solution.
Unfortunately due to time costraint I haven't been able and I will not
have time to read through the POI documentation and, maybe due to
carelesness on my side while browsing the website, I haven't been able
to find any quick tutorial.

My requirements are pretty simple. I need, through a web application,
to open an uploaded ppt file and export every slide as an image
(jpg/png).
Is it possible/easy with the POI library?

Best regards,
    Stefano

Stefano Buliani
Mobile :: +44 7766 295328 -- +39 347 4133650
Skype :: sapessi
AOL    :: sbuliani
MSN   :: sapessi@hotmail.it
http://stephsthoughts.brainage.org/

This message is intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should not
disclose, distribute or copy this email.  Please notify the sender
immediately and delete this email from your system.

Re: PPT Export

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi,

SB> My requirements are pretty simple. I need, through a web application,
SB> to open an uploaded ppt file and export every slide as an image
SB> (jpg/png).
SB> Is it possible/easy with the POI library?

No, POI HSLF lib can't do it yet. The primary goal of POI HSLF lib is
to provide capabilities to read/write ppt files in Java. Rendering
slides as images is out of this scope.

Theoretically it is possible to export slide as an image. We know how
to read shapes from a slide, get their positions, attributes, etc.
Maybe export functionality will be a part of the POI lib in future.

Regards,
Yegor Kozlov

set column width

Posted by Grégory Florance <fl...@stef-tfe.fr>.
		Hi all,

	I'm creationg a sheet from a model sheet. I want to set the column width of the new sheet regarding thoses of the model sheet. I use setColumnWidth. But it doesn't work as I want. In fact when a text is larger than the cell where I put in, the column width becomes the width of the larger string in my column. Do you know how to locked the cell width ?
	Thanks
	Greg