Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> on 2011/10/07 06:32:41 UTC

Pagination & Grid improvements

I've been talking to a lot of UI usability gals/guys about Grid and what they
all saying in a big huge chorus that the pagination is evil.

In this day and age, Grid should have a scroll bar and when scrolling to a section
that has no data available, it should load it via AJAX.
Viola, no pagination.

Thoughts?

Re: Pagination & Grid improvements

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Thanks. I am glad you guys are making better grids. I will try them out.
Maybe that it's not a priority to make the default tapestry grid competitive with other tools out there.

Are your components going to be listed in the module registry or compatible with tapestry 5.3?  I would love to use s better grid as I want to leverage the good tools out there as much as possible instead of reinventing the wheel myself.

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I've been mute for a loooong time.

In few days I thing a new version of tapestry-jfly compatible with T52 will
be available (current working version is under git.
http://tapestry-jfly.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi)

When ready you'll be able to take advantage of dojo datagrids. (
http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.6.1/dojo-release-1.6.1/dojox/grid/tests/
)

I've still to test integration with T5 form components and create a decent
demo application, since the current one is not :) .

Cheers,
kiuma