Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "kenn_thompson@qat.com" <ke...@qat.com> on 2017/11/14 21:28:11 UTC

Failed to find query with ID: 0

This should be super simple...

Started 2 nodes from the command line, they saw each other and now show
servers=2. Completely default configuration.

Installed the ODBC Driver and set up a DSN.

Started a C# app to open a connection and issue a create table sql
statement.

It fails with "Failed to find query with ID:[xx]" where xx is the number of
attempts since the node started.

Poured thru the docs and google to no avail.

Help?

Re: Failed to find query with ID: 0

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
You are totally right, that's why there is a ticket for the issue
which is fixed.

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by "kenn_thompson@qat.com" <ke...@qat.com>.
Igor Sapego-2 wrote
> You get "Table exists" error, because table is successfully
> created by the previous query. Error "Failed to find query
> with ID:[xx]" generated when ODBC statement is closed
> after execution of query that produced empty result set.

That makes sense, but I wouldn't expect a DDL statement like CREATE TABLE to

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
You should use a driver from 2.2 too if you use nodes of
version 2.2.

Posted by "kenn_thompson@qat.com" <ke...@qat.com>.
Igor Sapego-2 wrote
> You used ODBC through C# to create table with CREATE TABLE
> command, right? If this is the case, then this is a known issue [1] for
> Ignite 2.3, which, I assume you are using. The issue already fixed
> and the patch was merged to master. As a workaround, you may try
> using other Ignite release, like 2.2

So I pulled down 2.2, again fully default configuration. This time (after
backing down the ODBC Driver to 2.1), I now get a different error: [HY000]
Not enough data in the stream.

For what it's worth, I get the same error when sending the SQL through the
sqlline cmdline tool.

Next up - 2.3+

Re: Failed to find query with ID: 0

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You used ODBC through C# to create table with CREATE TABLE
command, right? If this is the case, then this is a known issue [1] for
Ignite 2.3, which, I assume you are using. The issue already fixed
and the patch was merged to master. As a workaround, you may try
using other Ignite release, like 2.2, use nightly build [2], or use source
code of the Ignite from the master branch.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-6765
[2] -
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Ignite/job/Ignite-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/

Best Regards,