Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/09 07:32:17 UTC

[ACS42] Schedule Remember - Feature freeze on 2013-05-31

Folks

I wanted to remind everyone about the 4.2 schedule for getting new features and improvements integrated into master. The window closes on 2013-05-31.

The list of features and improvements that have been tagged in Jira as targeting 4.2 are on the release wiki page [1].  Out of 98 features and improvement we have more than half of them in open state [2]. If you  are working on these items already please update the status appropriately. Given that we are roughly  three weeks away from feature freeze date and following our 4.1 convention please update feature progress in ticket by Wednesday every week.

We also have a comprehensive dashboard [3] for better visibility on how we are progressing on ACS 42. Please take a look and visit it often .

As for bugs here is a summary

				Blocker (b)  | Critical (c) | Major (m) | Total (t)
Incoming Defects (last 7 days) 	: 	 7 b |  15 c | 29 m   | 54 t
Outgoing Defects (last 7 days)	: 	5 b   |  7 c   | 13 m   | 25 t
Open Unassigned		:	  6 b | 19 c | 53 m    | 89 t
Open Total 			:	13 b | 52 c | 121 m | 207 t

We have a large number of unassigned and open defects, If you are interested in helping out on defects for specific components dashboard has a widget for that.

[1] http://s.apache.org/zCN
[2] http://s.apache.org/q8C
[3] http://s.apache.org/M5k

RE: [ACS42] Schedule Remember - Feature freeze on 2013-05-31

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>]  Edison when you get a chance can you respond to Mike's query

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Yes...I believe I will have it working for XenServer by that time with
VMware and KVM to follow shortly thereafter.

It depends a bit on how many storage-framework issues I come across. For
example, last night I ran into code that assumed zone-wide storage was only
for KVM (at one time in development this was probably true).

I've also got a question pending to Edison about the grantAccess and
revokeAccess methods...if they will be utilized by the framework for 4.2.
Based on the answer, it will likely influence my work.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Animesh Chaturvedi <
animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:

*™*

RE: [ACS42] Schedule Remember - Feature freeze on 2013-05-31

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Animesh,

I have a quick question for you.

As you know, I'm in the process of developing a storage plug-in for 4.2.

I'm working with Edison on getting some issues out of the storage framework
as well as completing the implementation of the plug-in.

Can you tell me how I should handle our situation in that we will likely be
close, but not quite there yet, as of May 31st?

Can we check in what we have (as long as we don't break functionality that
we're aware of) and then deal with remaining issues after?

Not sure exactly how the process works here.

Thanks!

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi <