Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 13:27:57 UTC

Mimic a specific output with the intermediate format [was: Re: NPE when using non-base14 font via IF XML]

While I'm at it, and taking the same FO file and config file: specifying
a mime type for the intermediate format doesn’t seem to work, contrary
to the area tree. Take the config file, remove the part corresponding to
the intermediate format (<renderer
mime="application/X-fop-intermediate-format"), and run the following:

    fop -c config.xconf test.fo -at application/pdf at.xml
    fop -c config.xconf -atin at.xml test.pdf

That works and the font is correctly embedded. Now run the following:

    fop -c config.xconf test.fo -if application/pdf if.xml

You get the following warning:
WARNING: Font "DejaVu,normal,400" not found. Substituting with "any,normal,400".

Hence my adding of the IF part in the config file.

Is that normal? Isn’t there an output mimiced by default? Did I miss
anything again?

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: Mimic a specific output with the intermediate format [was: Re: NPE when using non-base14 font via IF XML]

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Vincent,
the "-if [mime] out" pattern wasn't implemented for the command-line.
But I've just done that missing piece:

On 07.10.2009 13:27:57 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> While I'm at it, and taking the same FO file and config file: specifying
> a mime type for the intermediate format doesn’t seem to work, contrary
> to the area tree. Take the config file, remove the part corresponding to
> the intermediate format (<renderer
> mime="application/X-fop-intermediate-format"), and run the following:
>
>     fop -c config.xconf test.fo -at application/pdf at.xml
>     fop -c config.xconf -atin at.xml test.pdf
>
> That works and the font is correctly embedded. Now run the following:
>
>     fop -c config.xconf test.fo -if application/pdf if.xml
>
> You get the following warning:
> WARNING: Font "DejaVu,normal,400" not found. Substituting with "any,normal,400".
>
> Hence my adding of the IF part in the config file.
>
> Is that normal? Isn’t there an output mimiced by default? Did I miss
> anything again?
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent

Jeremias Maerki