Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tmasboa <ra...@liffland.com> on 2008/02/16 23:24:11 UTC

What setup do I need?

Hello, I am new to SA and here is the situation:

A normal mail server from my hosting company (pop3)

and basically I have a computer i want to check the emails, run them through
SA, and then deliver them to a local mail server just in our network.

Any free suggestions? I tried installing a POP3 server like Dovecot but i
had a problem and couldn't get it to authenticate.

Thanks

Re: What setup do I need?

Posted by tmasboa <ra...@liffland.com>.
Thanks alot will do :)

Re: What setup do I need?

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 14:24 -0800, tmasboa wrote:

> A normal mail server from my hosting company (pop3)
>
> and basically I have a computer i want to check the emails, run them through
> SA, and then deliver them to a local mail server just in our network.
>
> Any free suggestions?

Fetchmail.

  We have to realize that people who run the government can and do
  change. Our society and laws must assume that bad people -
  criminals even - will run the government, at least part of the
  time.                                               -- John Gilmore
 6 days until George Washington's 276th Birthday

Re: What setup do I need?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 17.02.08 18:14, tmasboa wrote:
> Hello I need a little bit more help please. I am using webmin and got
> Fetchmail working partially...

I am sorry, but spamassassin list is not the right place for questions like
this. You probably should ask on your OS/distribution support list...

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Re: What setup do I need?

Posted by tmasboa <ra...@liffland.com>.
Hello I need a little bit more help please. I am using webmin and got
Fetchmail working partially...

It checks and downloads the remote message but doesn't deliever the messages
to the unix account. Sendmail is installed and i noticed it adds
"@localhost", i don't know if that is the problem though..

THanks

Re: What setup do I need?

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 14:24 -0800, tmasboa wrote:
> Hello, I am new to SA and here is the situation:
>
> A normal mail server from my hosting company (pop3)
>
> and basically I have a computer i want to check the emails,

fetchmail

> run them through SA,

procmail

> and then deliver them to a local mail server just in our network.

Deliver using your distros preferred MTA (which actually does the
procmail calling part, too).

By "local mail server" I assume you are about a "mail serving entity",
like an IMAP server. Dovecot. :)

> Any free suggestions? I tried installing a POP3 server like Dovecot but i
> had a problem and couldn't get it to authenticate.

Dovecot doesn't authenticate. You authenticate against Dovecot. It's a
server, it's not a client...

Anyway, the just outlined setup sounds strangely familiar. ;-)

  guenther